Jeffrey M. Jacobson, MD, is a Board Certified plastic surgeon with advanced training in orthopaedic hand surgery and microsurgery. Dr. Jacobson is known for his attention to detail and enjoys precision work with his hands. He has been able to combine these interests into a career serving others.
Dr. Jacobson graduated from Princeton University with an engineering degree in both aerospace engineering and mechanical engineering. He earned additional certifications in Engineering Biology and Robotics and Intelligent Systems.
After Princeton, Dr. Jacobson attended medical school at SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine, where he was elected to the AOA Medical Honor Society and earned his MD with an additional distinction for his biomedical research. He completed his plastic surgery residency at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC, and completed his fellowship training in orthopedic hand surgery and microsurgery at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, one of the top hand surgery programs in the country.
In addition to a thriving hand surgery and plastic surgery practice in Westchester, NY, Dr. Jacobson acts as a medical device consultant and a surgical instructor, teaching other hand surgeons how to perform endoscopic carpal tunnel releases. He also serves as a New York State Troopers PBA surgeon and on the board of local medical organizations, in addition to his other volunteer work.
A number of medical societies count Dr. Jacobson as a member, including:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- New York Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American College of Surgeons
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Westchester County Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Dr. Jacobson may admit patients to and practice at the following hospitals:
- White Plains Hospital; White Plains, NY
- Phelps Memorial Hospital; Sleepy Hollow, NY
- St. John’s Riverside Hospital Dobbs Ferry Pavillion; Dobbs Ferry, NY